Sunday, March 15, 2015

Ladies Retreat

Last weekend I had the awesome honor to be the guest speaker at the Missionary Church North Central District Ladies Retreat. I am just so humbled that the Lord would use my testimony and writing journey to open doors to great opportunities like this. Not only was it such a fun and relaxing time, but I also was able to bring my mom along with me for some much needed girl time!!
 


There are so many great and touching moments during this retreat, but I will only share a few. First, I came into the weekend with a heart to share and bless the women with what God has been working on and teaching me. Instead, I walked away feeling so encouraged and blessed beyond measure. The support of these women knocked my socks off!!!

 
It was great to be reunited with my sister-in-Christ, Missy (she is in the picture down below, far right). About five years ago my MOTTTs group did a couples retreat and Missy and her husband were our guest speakers. Through a handful of opportunities and people, the Lord brought my name to Missy as a person to consider to speak at the retreat. It was such a great time reconnecting and working together as we planned and prayed over the retreat. Just so you know, she is pretty fabulous!


I also had a wonderful time getting to know most of the women that attended the retreat. Such great, kind-hearted women that love the Lord. I tried to have as many one-on-one conversations as I could and it made for such an enjoyable time.




For dinner one night, we ate at an Amish home. Yum. I should have worn elastic pants. How can you say no to salad, fruit, homemade bread, chicken, roast, noodles, mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing and pie?!? Obviously I couldn't. And didn't either when seconds were passed back out...



We ended our weekend on Sunday with our own church service. Church isn't about a building, but the people. We had a sweet time of letting God's spirit work through us as we claimed who we are in Christ and took time praying for each other.
I just want to give a special thank-you to my new friend Renee Wise for taking the pictures that captured our weekend. Not only is she such a great woman with an incredible servant's heart, but also a great photographer. Please check out her Facebook page HERE.
 
 
Such a great experience! I told my husband when I got back that I could do that once a month!! I don't know what the Lord has in store for me next, but as long as I'm walking in His will - it's going to be the best road I've ever traveled!!

1 comment:

  1. Loved watching these photos from ladies treat. Thanks a lot for sharing these pictures here. I attended a fun girls only night party at some popular Chicago venues last month. It was a blasting night and we all had a brilliant time together.

    ReplyDelete