Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Every writer should have a friend like this...

Meet my friend, Shannon.
We are both avid readers and love to talk about the books we read.
And she is my go-to girl when it comes to talking about my books.
She is the friend that sits around with me talking about my characters like they are our real friends - while we discuss their struggles, decisions and what makes them likeable.
She is the friend I bounce ideas around with, discuss how to improve scenes, and what works and doesn't work.
She is the friend that reads my manuscripts from the computer and then texts me throughout reading with remarks.
Here are a few from A Rescued Love:
 
"I am in tears reading the first chapter."
"No way!!! That is Jules' secret?!?"
"I'm trying so hard to connect the dots and I can't!"
"I just gasped out loud when..."
 
Thanks Shannon for being my sounding board, for cheering me on and for the hours of chatting about our "best friends" that are only real on paper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment