Friday, October 11, 2013

The Beginning of Forever

I am a sucker for romance books and movies. One of my favorite parts is how the couple meet. I don't know why, I just do. My sister and I talk about this a lot when our husbands give us a hard time about watching said books and movies. "Why would you want to invest your time in this when you know they are going to get together in the end?" Sigh. It's.all.about.the.journey. Right, ladies? And that journey has to have a beginning, and I love how it all starts! In my book, A Rescued Heart, the main characters meet when Matt (a police officer) visits Ava's (a kindergarten teacher) class for professional day.
So I thought it would be fun to share how me and my husband met...
 
 
This picture is of us on January 1, 2002. The story has many bunny trails, so I will just sum it up. We met at church. I had been doing mission work in Ecuador and came home about mid-December. While I had been gone, Greg had started attending. After returning I had been asked to MC our annual talent show for New Year's Eve with a couple friends...and Greg. Notice the shirts? One of our skits was The Newlywed Show and we were the lovey-dovey couple (enter giggle here) I may or may not have worked my magic to make that happen. Anyway, we started spending  a lot of time together because he had become friends with my friends and with working on the skits, so by New Year's Eve, I was smitten. The dude was funny and got my humor. He had crazy-mad skills playing the keyboard. Super good looks (I still remember this picture and thinking "Oh my goodness, he has his arm around me. Sigh...). He had a solid, awesome family - strong faith - deep character and he loved Jesus! What more could a girl want:) So we started dating shortly after and I knew within two weeks of dating that I was going to marry him!!! At the end of July he proposed and we were married on February 7, 2003.
Here we are now, 10 years and 3 kids later, more in love than when we said "I do."


So now it's your turn! I would love to hear how you and the love of your life met!  Leave me your story in the comments.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment